Wedding Officiating and How To Get Married In Wisconsin
- COSTS / HONORARIUM
- SUGGESTIONS FOR A GREAT WEDDING
Andrew Schmidt is available for civil wedding officiating. Typically Andrew officiates marriages primarily in Marathon and Lincoln County but he can officiate anywhere in Wisconsin.
Typically called a Justice of the Peace or a Court Commissioner , Andrew can perform the solemnization required for a legal marriage or officiate wedding vows in order to become married.
SAMPLE WEDDING VOWS
Attached are some sample wedding vows. You may copy them or modify them for the most part. But the portion of the vows where you promise to take your partner as your spouse in marriage must be preserved.
Wedding vow number 9, Together We Can Do Anything and vow number 10, Rings of a Successful Marriage , are copyrighted by Andrew. You may use them only as long as he is given credit
COSTS OR HONORARIUM
Fees, or Honorarium, are typical for wedding officials. Judges cannot ask for fees during their normal business hours. But other times we all have some fee. Gratuities are permissible.
Attorney Schmidt often receives $125 if the ceremony is in the City of Wausau or its surrounding Townships. Outside this area he receives $150 for performing a ceremony mostly due to time and travel. If you are outside of Marathon County please ask for a quote.
ANDREW'S SUGGESTIONS FOR A GREAT WEDDING:
- Call far enough in advance to reserve the wedding date. Please call me as soon as possible to check on date and availability. My schedule is planned about 6 months out.
- I can perform up to three marriages on a Saturday, assuming all parties are on time and the locations are reasonably close.
- Reserve a place and make necessary deposits.
- Call and write your family and friends with the date, time and location. Have a map to your wedding and reception. Have LOTS of kids invited. Make them part of the ceremony somehow. See the Alternative Wedding Vows that include Children.
- If outdoors, plan for a tent or other alternative location. See Andrew’s favorite outdoor locales in Marathon County.
- Plan for a style, and keep it simple. If outdoors - avoid anything very fancy, go light on the decorations and have something for the kids to do.
- If you have children you want to include in the wedding you can have them also pledge to become a part of the new family or if they are younger they can be with you during the ceremony. I have held a toy dump truck as mom, dad and son repeated vows to each other.
Please let to me know what you have in mind to see how it will fit.
Here are some sample Wedding Vows you may print off and modify. You may copy them and modify them for the most part. But the portion of the vows where you promise to take your partner as your spouse in marriage must be preserved.
Wedding vow number 9, Together We Can Do Anything and vow number 10, Rings of a Successful Marriage , are copyrighted by Andrew. You may use them only as long as he is given credit.
Click on the hyperlink for faster access to the vows.
- vows1 - Traditional Parents Give Away Bride and Groom
- vows2 - Short and Religious
- vows3 - Religious Basic and Simple
- vows4 - Non-religious with Kahlil Gilbran's "The Prophet"
- vows5 – Non-religious. Love can be one of the highest experiences
- vows6 - Non-religious and Simple
- vows7 - Non-religious. Simple with Poem by Kahlil Gilbran
- vows8 - Non-religious - Short and Simple
- vows9 – Together We Can Accomplish Anything
- vows10 – Three Rings of a Successful Marriage
- vows11 – Hawaiian Wedding/RENEWAL Vows
- vows12 – Alternative Wedding Vows and Vows Including Children
- vows14 - You are My Best Friend
ANDREW'S FAVORITE OUTDOOR LOCALES IN MARATHON COUNTY
- Amphitheater top of Rib Mountain at Rib Mountain State Park. Park Ranger: 715-842-2522.
- Winter Wedding at Granite Peak Ski Area would be a nice change of pace. Please contact Granite Peak Ski Area (formerly known as Rib Mountain Ski Area) for reservations and ideas.
- Eau Claire Dells; Marathon County Park System. Park Office: 715-261-1550.
- Eau Pleine County Park; Marathon County Park System. Park Office: 715-261-1550.
- Oak Island/Isle of the Ferns City Park; Marathon County Park System. Park Office: 715-261-1550.
- Rib Falls Park; Marathon County Park System. Park Office: 715-261-1550.
- Cherokee County Park; Marathon County Park System. Park Office: 715-261-1550.
- Stewart Park; Marathon County Park System. Park Office: 715-261-1550.
- Marathon County Historical Society Garden. Office 715-842-5750.
- The "back yard" of family or friends.
- At the family cabin as long as it is in Wisconsin.
- Anywhere in the Caribbean! As long as the vows are performed in Wisconsin.